Gliding Surface Technology (GST) showcases plain bearing designs creating simple, two-piece configurations of rails and carriages with self-lubricating surfaces. By utilizing plain bearing design, Gliding Surface Technology offers low profiles, compact sizes, and smooth, quiet linear motion. Available options and a range of products provide unlimited design alternatives and configurations. PBC Linear manufactures Gliding Surface Technology to perform and withstand harsh environments.
- Plain bearing design will not catastrophically fail
- Vibration damping provides smooth and quiet linear motion
- Pre-engineered – ready to use
- Corrosion resistant
- Light-weight aluminum construction
- Long life without lubrication
- Compact, space-saving solutions available
- High loads and high shock resistant
PBC Linear’s GST catalog is available for download. The full color catalog offers detailed information on the GST family of products, including performance statistics, engineering drawings, and application examples. Users also gain access to other useful tools such as quick e-mail links, links to product related informational videos, and free CAD downloads.
PBC Linear’s core product competencies spread beyond Gliding Surface Technology (GST) with a wide array of components and complete mechatronics solutions. Technologies include:
- Round Shaft Technology (RST) utilizes precision round shafting as the guideway and linear plain bearings or linear ball bearings for movement.
- Cam Roller Technology (CRT) uses PBC Linear precision straight rails and a multitude of different sliders to provide high accuracy and high speed linear guidance in an economical solution.
- Integral-V Technology (IVT) provides a complete system built with or without structural support framework. Hardened steel raceways are directly embedded into the rail to eliminate fasteners and reduce mounting components.