Hevi-Rail has several performance characteristics that make it ideal for heavy-use cases, exemplifying its linear might in motion. Some of these properties include low coefficient of friction, high load ratings, and the ability to easily roll in and out of the rail. Redi-Rail has a more moderate load capacity than Hevi-Rail, but still offers plenty of strength coupled with a higher, practical precision that is often adequate for applications not requiring the super-high precision of the common profile rail.
Together, these two CRT products from PBC Linear offer ready solutions to many mobile application challenges. Advantages for both products include high load capacities with lightweight aluminum structure, resistance to harsh conditions, and ease of installation and alignment. When designed using the proper bearing components, mobile applications can be made much safer, more reliable, and provide more flexibility and convenience to the users.
One perfect example are the truck bed extenders for pickups or other flatbed trucks. In this scenario, Hevi-Rail technology offers a low coefficient of friction that allows for a heavy item, such as a full-size tool chest, to be moved easily. Its supports horizontal and vertical motion, as well as cantilevered loads. Additionally, the clearance between the OD of the large radial roller and the profile channel allow the bearings to roll forward and backward with ease.
Some other examples of mobile and on vehicle applications that utilize Hevi-Rail and Redi-Rail products from PBC Linear are listed below.
Applications featuring Hevi-Rail's linear might in motion:
- Horizontal lift system: A strong, fast, and dependable horizontal and vertical lift system that offers cantilevered load support using Hevi-Rail bearings.
- Wind turbine transportation system: Designed to simplify the loading process and help navigate curves in the railroad, a Hevi-Rail system was designed to assist in transportation of large wind turbine blades by overlapping blades to reduce train length, and ultimately resulting in reduced transportation costs.
- Pressure washer trailer: Rails are mounted for telescoping extension, and high capacity steel raceways and bearings are designed to help eliminate deflection. The aluminum structure also reduces overall weight.
Applications featuring Redi-Rail's practical precision:
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle: Many wheelchair accessible vehicles create various inconveniences including blind spots, space usage, and heavy lifting. Redi-Rail is capable of supporting a wheelchair ramp for vans while providing a high load rating with a lightweight, stow-away design.
- Heavy equipment access panel featuring: Redi-Rail is a great product to consider for industrial applications like heavy equipment access panels. I uses a lightweight aluminum structure, and handles most contamination issues commonly found in industrial applications.
Discover your ideal linear motion solution: