Hevi-Rail bearing and flange plate assemblies
For the purpose of easy mounting, PBC Linear offers Hevi-Rail combined bearings pre-welded to flange plates. Customers can eliminate the gargantuan task of disassembling the bearing, aligning the base and hole, welding the base into place, and reassembling the bearing. We guarantee quality with a complete assembly that’s been pre-aligned and pre-welded, and shipped direct from PBC Linear. Once received, customers need only to bolt the flange and bearing into place, saving time and money. In addition, fixed or eccentric axial rollers can be adjusted to easily eliminate side-to-side play in a system.
Adjusting a Hevi-Rail combined bearing
In many applications, the HVBEA series bearings provide a good way to deal with axial clearances in the system. Watch the video above or read the steps below regarding how to adjust the eccentric portion of the bearing to reduce any axial play.
- Remove all of the Allen head screws from the face plate.
- Apply even pressure, pulling up on the outside raceway while pushing down on the eccentric bearing in order to separate the two bearings.
- Measure from the flat casing surface to the highest point of the eccentric bearing.
- Rotate the eccentric bearing around the off-set axis to change the height of the bearing from the flat casing surface.
- Re-measure and adjust until the distance needed is reached.
- Re-assemble the bearing and tighten all of the screws back into the face plate.
Cantilevered load calculation for Hevi-Rail bearings
Hevi-Rail heavy duty bearings are designed to handle extreme loads for up to 60-ton systems. Calculating the maximum cantilever force capabilities of a Hevi-Rail design is a simple process when following this formula: