Miniature Linear Motion Line
OEM’s are always seeking a range of specific linear technologies in their miniature motion control applications. To address this market, PBC Linear has a large miniature rail portfolio that includes ball-type products along with the proven Frelon® self-lubricating plain bearing linear guides and driven stages. The complete line of miniature linear motion technology includes:
- Frelon plain bearing linear guides available in 5 sizes from 7 mm – 20 mm.
- Miniature ball-type linear guides as small as 3 mm.
- Lead screw driven miniature actuators from both technologies.
This miniature portfolio is available as a result of cooperation with Chieftek Precision Co, LTD (CPC), a global leader in small profile ball-guided technology. This arrangement helps facilitate collaborative product designs; such as precise, lead-screw driven linear actuators from both tribological bearing technologies to fit into the compact space of the miniature industry. The strategic basis of the cooperation is built on multiple elements; including:
- Application of each company’s core technologies and tribology expertise to accelerate new product developments.
- Enhanced sales coverage based upon PBC’s strong position in the America’s and CPC’s position in Southeast Asia.
- Opportunities to leverage each other’s regional manufacturing and logistics infrastructure to enhance Global responsiveness.
Precision Linear Bearings vs. Compensated Linear Bearings
Within the family of Simplicity linear bearings, precision and compensated are terms that refer to the two classes of available running clearances. It is important to understand the difference in these two classes to ensure that bearing systems will perform properly during the design and installation process. In this article, we briefly explore these differences within our patented Simplicity® bearings and Mini-Rail linear guideways.
Mini-Rail® miniature linear guides are available with two classes of running clearance in all sizes. The 7, 9, 12, 15, and 20 mm rails are all available in either a precision version for tighter tolerances, or compensated version to accommodate greater misalignment.
- Use the prefix “MR” in the carriage part number (MR12C)
- Have the tightest running clearance (.025 - .051 mm)
- Recommended for applications that require tighter tolerances and stiffened assemblies
- Not recommended for parallel shaft applications where misalignment can lead to binding issues.
- Use the prefix “MRC” in the carriage part number (MRC15C)
- All dimensions are the same as the precision carriages except the running clearance (.064 - .089mm)
- Ideally suited for parallel shaft applications because of its increased ability to accommodate misalignment and eliminate binding issues.