Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)
The Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) from Applied Cobotics is designed to assist collaborative robots and other types of automation robots by consistently loading and unloading material dunnage trays within the cobot/robot-accessible work area.
Why the ASRS?
Our experiences with the implementation of cobots taught us that a single tray of parts did not take advantage of a cobot’s full potential. At any given moment, operators might be called to other tasks or change shifts, resulting in significant cobot downtime. In other words, cobots were spending more time idling. In addition, the vision systems required to pick parts from a bin were not reliable, so a more consistent solution was needed.
Our solution was to design and build an innovative and unique ASRS that substantially increases robot productivity. The repeatable action of the ASRS in conjunction with the parts trays results in consistent robot performance. With the ASRS from Applied Cobotics, robots can now run longer unattended projects, include a higher mix of parts, and ultimately achieve lights-out production. This means a greater return on investment for your entire automation system.
The ASRS from Applied Cobotics features a vertical lead screw-driven shelf, and a horizontal tray loader/unloader that provides accurate and repeatable motion. Each ASRS base package comes complete with the following features:
- Dunnage tray rack tower that is engineered to securely lock in place with the ASRS. It is capable of holding up to 17 trays, eliminating the need for a worker to periodically remove and reload material from the cobot work zone. It also offers open-spaced shelving that accommodates various part sizes up to 18-inches in height, and offers station-to-station mobility. The result is a significant boost in robot productivity from 10- to 20-times that of standard means.
- Standard fixed robot mount that offers 45-degrees of adjustability and a custom bolt pattern that is compatible with any cobot/robot. The robot mount can be upgraded to a more flexible swivel stand that offers 4-times the amount of adjustability over the standard model. This means a robot can be moved to different angles quickly and accurately.
Additional Features and Benefits
- Compatible with pallet jacks
- Easy setup/Plug and play solution
- Compatible with most cobots
- HMI touch screen display for easy lift control
- SICK Safety floor scanner (optional)
- Camera and monitor screen for convenient production viewing (optional)
Cobots, Customization and Accessories
- Cobots: Find your perfect collaborative robot for your application with the Elfin 3, Elfin 5, or Elfin 10.
- Dunnage parts trays: Custom design, print, and/or production via our 3D Printing and Thermoformer capabilities.
- Gripper options include 2-finger, 3-finger, and electronic collaborative kits.
- Custom gripper fingers for those unique objects that fall outside the standard gripper offerings.
- Overall dimensions: 55″ x 41″ x 76″
- Standard aluminum or stainless tray dimensions: 18″ x 26″
- Weight: 1200 lb
- Power Required: 220V Single Phase
- Tray Tower capacity: 17 Trays
- Max tray capacity: Base model = 50 lb, Upgraded model = 150 lb