NIL-NIPDL (Inch) Steel Linear Shafting
PBC Linear inch steel shafting (NIL/NIPDL) is case hardened to RC60 and suitable for use with Simplicity FrelonGOLD® lined bearings and linear ball bearings. PBC Linear provides the most uniform surface hardness and depth of hardness across a range of sizes, offering increased performance. In addition, all RC60 inch steel shafting is ground and polished within a consistent surface finish range resulting in a higher level of predictable performance. This surface finish results in more evenly distributed loading, decreased amount of wear and particulate generation, and reduced drag. Finally, the undeviating dimensional tolerances along the entire length of the inch steel shafting maximize consistent bearing operation.
- Solid round shafting is available in inch sizes from 3/16” thru 4”, and lengths to 21 feet
- Predrilled shafting for use with support rails is available ½” thru 2”, and lengths to 21 feet
- Case hardened steel for optimum performance
- Diameter tolerance is Class L
- Surface finish 8-12 RMS
- Standard cut to customer-specified length tolerances of:
- 3/16" – 1-1/4" shaft = ± 0.0300"
- 1-3/8" – 2" shaft = ± 0.060"
- 2-1/2" – 4" shaft = ± 0.125"
For lengths not listed below, pre-drilled options, and custom machined ends, go to the configurator tab.
- Custom end machining available upon request